Widdly Tink Family

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weird stuff

Ok, for my Facebook Followers this is old news, but for the rest...
i have been experiencing a bunch of strange happenings. Mostly I think everything electronic or battery operated in my house is rebelling. First, the washer finally loses its battle. It was a slow agonizing death and we have moved on. ( see previous post. I love you my new baby washer!!) Then my cell phone shuts off randomly. NO THE BATTERY IS NOT LOW!! Ok, moving on is the tv/cable shutting off and coming back on at unexpected times and the van locking when I NEVER lock it in the garage! Today the kicthen lost power in the middle of cooking dinner and then suddenly returned. IPODS die in the middle of a workout to work just fine a few minutes later. My radio in the car goes in and out of static. A light in one room will not work but if someone else turns it on, it is fine. I get kicked off Facebook to my ASK (search engine) page randomly. The house phone will not ring and tell me about voice mail, but people SWEAR they left me messages. Two days later, I see the messages. Freaky, huh? My shower will not work. The old washer did its flooding the house thing, just craziness. My cell phone decided i only need to be notified of texts when IT feels like it. I hear doors slam, cupboards in the kitchen are wide open in the morning and NO, this isn't the kids. I feel like well ok. If I am haunted can ya at least point me to some long lost treasure or something?
Ok, all that drama aside, we welcomed Emily back home from her science camp and I am slowly and painfully recovering from a miserable sunburn. Katey did her conformation, and we are on our last week babysitting our little man. ( although he would NEVER forgive me for calling him that. I have a WHOLE new insight on eight year old boys now!)
Ok, the carpet drama. Last week I got some fancy powder carpet cleaner to get rid of some stains on our cheap crap carpet. No such luck. However the rest of the carpet looked rather nice. The NEXT DAY, Zoe pukes ALL OVER the living room. Get out steam cleaner, clean up. Last night I Stupidly scrape, and I mean barely scratch my heel with a toe that was obvioulsly in need of filing. Just as I am ready for bed I see big, bloody footprints ALL OVER the floor! yes, that silly little scrape had bleed silly and my living room looked like a crime scene. I used every cleaning product i had ( see my FB post for that) and got it all cleaned up. Then tonight I was standing in the kitchen with Katey and Emily when one goes..ooooo hahaha YOU didn't clean up that ketchup! HA! The other is like..What? yes I did!! wait.. noo... moommmy. ummmm you need a bandaid! yup that dumb little scratch was bleeding puddles again!! we got it fixed in no time and cleaned the floor. So I am all cleaned up, and headed to bed. I have to say I was proud of Katey and Emily and their calm reaction to the blood ( it was a lot, which I just don't get, this is just a scratch!) and knowlege of clean, pressure, bandage. Like i said before, in our family , you just can't be squeamish!
This is our last week with our special guest, the "man" of the house so we are doing bowling tomorrow and the beach thurs. I am trying to snap and print pics to make a scrapbook for him to take back to Michigan. I am gonna miss him and actually hope we get him next summer! Any ideas for a special send off for an eight year old boy? He has been a special part of our lives this summer and we are gonna miss him.

1 comment:

Monique said...

Howdy!
Those 'strange' things seem to happen just when the hubby exits the house, huh? You have seen my fiascos! Anyway, hope all is better and I would think having another child would be crazy right now. You are so brave.

The Cutest Blog On The Block

About Me

My photo
I am 34 with four wonderful girls. Have been married to Nick ( my marine!) for 15 years. I am getting used to California , but missing the snow. I am a neat freak ( just ask the kids) I am proud to be a homemaker but I don't stay at home, life is too busy.