Widdly Tink Family

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Chuck E Cheese.....argh!

Well I survived, barely. Things started out great. The birthday boy was cute and excited and had a blast. Girls all had fun and I played a ton of games with them. Unfortunately , I had woken up super super early, am suffering from miserable allergies and kids who are sick/better/sick/better.
Well Zoe has a phobia about characters: won't go near Santa, Easter Bunny or any thing similar. There was the Chuck E robot guy who sang on a stage ( of COURSE right near our table) and it took a lot of bribing to get her used to it. THEN (this is where is gets fun) they start announcing that Chuck E is COMING OUT SOON! Birthday boy is bouncing out of his chair in total glee ( he turned five) and Zoe keeps looking nervously around her at the "robot" waiting for it to jump off the stage and eat her. So out comes the guy in the Chuck E suit and poor Zoe was eating her pizza and didn't notice. What does Chuck do? STANDS practically on top of her waving and such. She leapt out of her chair and clung to me like a terrifed monkey. Kids all dance and there is insane singing hooplah. Well poor Zoe has a dilemma. You see right before Chuck made his appearance they had brought out MASSIVE cupcakes ( Steph, what WERE you thinking??) So my poor terrified sugar addict has one eye on Chuck E and the other on the cupcakes. After 10 minutes of dancing, singing and loud stuff they start serving the kids. WELL, then Chuck comes over for photos. Poor Zoe would not budge. Would not drop her cupcake and sat in her chair, with one arm grabbing for Emily ( she was is a total panic) and the other on the damn cupcake. Well, Chuck E finally took off and she ate in peace. I am ready to leave, beyond tired hoping I don't fall asleep on the dang floor but we have to turn in tickets to get prizes. There is one person working the prizes. It took 25 @#%^^%$#ing mintues to get four cheap prizes. Oh then ZOe had to go potty which OF COURSE was massive diarreah. ( I KNEW frosting was evil!!) We finally get outta there, get home and.....had a nice after noon. HA you were waiting for more trauma!! The kids played, we watched a movie had a super Roast Chicken dinner and played outside till the younger two passed out at 7:15. So far everyone seems ok but I am not taking anything for granted. I am gonna watch a grown -up movie ( or try to) and hopfully get a good night sleep. ( snort) For tomorrow I am thinking of my hubby and chilling with the kids. We have a cook out planned and then get ready for a crazy week of school activities.
Have a great rest of the "weekend"!!

2 comments:

Monique said...

Phew! Whirlwind adventures are my FAVORITE!! :) heehee! You can handle them though. Goo job!

Dianeax00 said...

Yeah I know about the whole character phobia thing. That was my son...he hated Santa too. Good..I didn't have to slave all year to buy him stuff only to give the credit to a fake..LOL.

The Cutest Blog On The Block

About Me

My photo
I am 34 with four wonderful girls. Have been married to Nick ( my marine!) for 15 years. I am getting used to California , but missing the snow. I am a neat freak ( just ask the kids) I am proud to be a homemaker but I don't stay at home, life is too busy.