Widdly Tink Family

Saturday, December 13, 2008

AGAIN

Well at least Zoe slept in till 6:30, that is an improvement! I got to bed earlier last night so it wasn't quite as painful to get up so early ....on a Saturday. When everyone else is sleeping. Soundly.
The outdoor sprinklers keep drenching my poor snowman globe. He seems to recover and work ok. I have no where else to put him . I have no yard and what little I do it long and skinny. Not terribly please with how I have to do my lights this year. Oh well. Over half our street has it all lit up. some pretty amazing displays too! I love the houses that kinda did the same thing so it looks like one massive house. So much for Californias strict energy laws. Our lights are on a timer but they request we shut em off at 10 pm. HA> Mine go off sometime during the night. We did have a loss in our blow up family. Yes poor Santas motor overloaded and blew. Just as Zoe was getting used to him and not cowering behind me every time we passed him going in front door. Poor Santa, we had three good years with you. Someone suggested having him stuffed. One of the older kids said, oh too bad, Santas dead, huh? WELL as you can imagine that set off a flurry of anxious questions and tears for the little ones. I had to explain that the fake blow up Santa doesn't work anymore but they had nothing to worry about for Christmas.
I am back now from driving Nick into work . Yes, I had to get up and leave at 3:30 am. I am just destined to not sleep I guess! I meant to post this yesterday, forgot. I am going to try to sneak upstairs to lay down and hope my little early bird decided to sleep in ( till at least 7 am will be fine with me!). Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hope you got some sleep that morning.

That's too bad about Santa. I can just imagine you surrounded with little girls in tears wondering if Santa is really ok. lol

The Cutest Blog On The Block

About Me

My photo
I am 34 with four wonderful girls. Have been married to Nick ( my marine!) for 15 years. I am getting used to California , but missing the snow. I am a neat freak ( just ask the kids) I am proud to be a homemaker but I don't stay at home, life is too busy.