Widdly Tink Family

Monday, December 15, 2008

For Baba

As most of you know I heard the devestating news last night that Nicks Grandmother (known as Baba, the Ukrainain word for grandmother) passed away. Almost 10 years ago I lived with her while Nick was away for a year at various schools. ( this was right before we moved to the UK) I have so many wonderful memories. We did get a chance to see her before we came out here, one of the main reasons why we went from MD up to Rochester and then headed to Cali from there. Nick is is MD right now because of what we thought was somone being a stubborn idiot. ( like whoever made the roster that put him on this trip) Seriously, he was sent to Ft Meade for something that he already did. The good news is there are many buisness flights from Baltimore to Rochester and he can get back to Baltimore to fly back here. If he was here, there was no way we could affoard a ticket back east. SO this trip that we have been griping about and shaking our heads over actually turned out to be a blessing. Thank you to all you for your messages and support. I am doing ok, just very fustrated that I am stuck here and cant be with Nick and his family. I let Katey and Emily take a "rain day" but had Sophie go to school. She had missed a day last week and it is half days today. She really isn't greiving being too young to grasp it all. That is fine with me, she is happier at school. The girls are going back tomorrow. IF we were in MD we would have taken them out to go up to Rochester so I felt they deserved at least one day of mourning. I had last night and most of the morning but now its back to normal really. Lots to get done! Emily I feel for you becuase I awoke to SCREAMING this morning... a mouse!!! I think the rare Cali rain drove the little guy inside. if you read this... HELP!! What do I DOOOOOO. As long as I don't see the thing or his "presents" I am ok. ( Till it gets in our food)
So I was telling the girls this, about the mouse leaving presents and Zoe pipes up all excited." It is Santas mouse for cwismouse!!! Can we open the pwesents? Are the under the tree? Oh boy i so asided!! ( ecxited) " She of course ran off to look for this wonderful "Christmouse" and his presents. Gee how am I supposed to kill the thing now?? Katey spent the morning trying to trap it while Emily cowered in my bed refuisng to leave the room. Now, what trapping involved I am not sure. I heard banging, a "OH MY GOSH< AEEEEEE" more banging and then I peeked over and she was playing the WII!! SO much for a mouse hunter. Somone suggested leaving the back door open but it IS raning and windy and I am not inviting more mouse friends over. Oh well, the whole thing was pretty funny ( except for me screaming, a MOUSE? are you SERIOUS< and freaking out while on the phone to my sister in law) I also laughed when Katey said ( all breathless with extiment and panic) oooooh it was cute, but scary. Kinda scary but it was cute!
I will keep you updated on our Christmas visitor, and thanks again for your prayers for Nick and his family.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm glad that Nick was able to go back and be with his family though. It's amazing how God works!

That Christmouse, that's the best story I've heard all week. That's going to keep a smile on my face all day thinking of Zoe looking for Christmouse presents. haha!

The Cutest Blog On The Block

About Me

My photo
I am 34 with four wonderful girls. Have been married to Nick ( my marine!) for 15 years. I am getting used to California , but missing the snow. I am a neat freak ( just ask the kids) I am proud to be a homemaker but I don't stay at home, life is too busy.