Widdly Tink Family

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Table Talk

What a family dinner we had. Nothing special to eat but I had quite a conversation with Sophie and Zoe.
S:Mommy, when I grow up I am going to go to a fancy restaurant.
Me: Oh, who are you going to go with?
S: Oh. ( pause) My husband.
Me: O.k. What will you wear?
S: A pretty dress. A necklace and a bracelet on each arm. I will have a purse with sparkles on it. Some high heel shoes. Oh. and makeup all over.
Me: Wow. That sounds like fun. What will your husband wear?
S:I don't know. HE will have a wallet.
Me: Oh, so he can pay?
S: Yes but I will have a job. His job is to stay home with the kids while I go shopping.
Me: What will your job be?
S: I don't know yet.
Me: ( turning to Zoe) what do YOU want to be??
Z: ( stops, thinks for a minute) OH! I want to be a pwincess!! A PRETTY PWINCESS!! YEAH!!
We all crack up after that. She was soooo serious. I just treasure these moments.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So sweet! Dont you wish you could go back to those moments when you need a quick pick-me-up?

The Cutest Blog On The Block

About Me

My photo
I am 34 with four wonderful girls. Have been married to Nick ( my marine!) for 15 years. I am getting used to California , but missing the snow. I am a neat freak ( just ask the kids) I am proud to be a homemaker but I don't stay at home, life is too busy.