I can't get over how Katey and Sophie were doing nearly identical things. Even the expressions on their faces! Katey had been to a fun fair so, that is a snowman painted on her face. This is the first year she did all the cookie dough. And YES i have on video her WASHING DISHES!! The girls have all been a big help but the rule is , you want to bake, you clean up too! Its been making it much eaiser for me, especially with everything else going on. I have to note, Zoe pouring in the sugar was the LAST help she did because it got everwhere! Don't you love Sophies little mixer that looks like mine?? Does anyone feel sorry we have to try and do all this baking in this teeny useless kitchen?? ( you can't roll out dough on the tile countertops!) We still have plenty to do, have spent most of today cleaning. Somehow toothpaste magically got all over the bathroom. I shall never know who the culprit ( ZOE) is....
Oh yes, I pretty much had cookies for dinner. Empanadas turned out great this year but took...three hours to roll/bake. No wonder I only make em twice a year!! I also realized I have been concentrating so much on the sweets, I really don't have Christmas Eve/Day food ! oops. I will send Nick and Emily out to brave the crowds at Costco or something, when he gets back. Oh everyone is over their tummy troubles thanks goodness. I wasn't even thinking as I fed them cookies. WHEW. everything stayed where it belonged. Ah, sugar cures everything right? ( next to chocolate that is) Well Happy baking to the rest of you. Tonight is my favorite dinner, potato pancakes. Now. who is gonna peel all those potatoes, hmmm?? ( I have to note that Emily is doing lots of baking too, just can't fit more than four pics at a time. She also took all of these pictures)
2 comments:
That's just because you have "cookie cutter daughters" haha. Well, you do! :) I scrapbooked four pages this weekend. It's nice to get back to business.
They are so cute!! Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment