Ball Gown Giveaway was today! I have heard of this but never been. My friends daughter dragged me out of bed this morning and Emily bribed me with coffee ( it was HOT!) and off we went. It ended up being a kids day with music, food, bounce houses and games. I got a number and then did the kids stuff ( after calling Nick begging him bring the other kids and put sunblock on them for gooness sakes!) Even the little ones won some... ahem. "prizes" ( Read ; JUNK) . So you get called in groups according to your number and go in the gym ( after being harrassed by the Mary Kay ladies on the way in) and there are rows and rows of ballgowns all sizes. These were donated but I heard last year they were all brand new. Anyway, you can pick three to try on ( and take two home) and so I did. I got one, and yes, laugh laugh laugh.. it is NAVY. Not for this year though, this years dress was my super deal and it is RED. (yes I am going to have my hair colored by a professional, i match the dress now, bad dye job, don't ask!) I got free earrings and a necklace from something called Cookie Lee ( I guess it is big thing around her, dunno). I was determined to stay for the raffle but Nick was tired from the sun and we couldn't find oiur ticket!! Usually I do that stuff. Of course the darn thing shows up after we get home. sigh. That Ipod was mine, I just know it! Oh well better luck next time. Lesson learned? I learned that I should GO to this stuff. I met some cool funny women while waiting in line. The kids had a BLAST, and I finally DID SOMETHING with all of them on a Saturday!! And hold on to your raffle ticket. :) Nick is giddy because that took up the day and he would rather have been dragged to the "women dress thing" that stuck at Lowes picking out kitchen paint. Now I am tired from being in the sun all morning and am staying put. Well dear, there is always tomorow after church!
No comments:
Post a Comment