Today was cleaning day so nothing terribly exciting going on. I dressed the kids in red, white , and blue to honor those lost on 9/11. It is a strange day for us because we were in England at the time and felt quite removed from the tragedy. It literally seemed like a tv show and I SWEAR I was the last person on the planet to find out. We had only AFN at the time and I rarely watched tv. Nick and I had gone to the commissary while the girls were in school and heard people talking about wanting to go home and watch the news and that they might close the commissary. We were confused but went about our day. It wasn't until I was picking up katey and Emily at the bus stop and everyone was talking I was like "WHAT is everyone talking about!!!" Sure enough I got home and turned on the tv and the kids were with me because I thought it was a hoax. we just didn't believe it. The next few days wherever we went, Brits were coming up to us saying how sorry they were and if we knew anyone who was killed. By the grace of God we did not but had great sorrow for those who did. Every year on this day, memorial day and veterans day we honor our American heros by wearing red white and blue and displaying a flag, the moment of silence in the morning, and of course a few special prayers.
God Bless the USA
No comments:
Post a Comment