Oh boy today is Wednesday and I have the car!! I can go.... no where! Oh yes I am free to shop for the kids, look at (buy?) paint , hit the mall even!! One little snag....NO MONEY. Well I DO get to drag all four kids to the dentist later this afternoon, in rush hour traffic. I have to make it there by 3:30 leaving here about ...3!! I am praying Nick is done early to go with me. Next time I will be fine it is just that I loathe trying to find a place ( yes even with the trust TomTom) when I am in a huge rush. Speaking of dental, my own teeth are aching, time to find one for me too!
The girls had their first choir practice and all went well . When I picked them up however I got interrogated by a woman who asked where the other two were. I explained my husband had them and I only bring Sophie to church because Zoe is bad. ( I think by the time Nick deploys again she will be able to sit mostly for the hour of mass.) I like to listen to the mass not shush Zoe or pry her off of Sophie. Anyway she asked why Nick didn't come to church ( Good question!) Now first of all to me that is PRIVATE, but I explained that he was Eastern Orthodox, not Catholic. She goes so you don't take communion then? I am like huh? She said "oh y ou are not married in the church so you don't take communion right?" I am like um we did have a priest bless our marriage and was told that E. Orthodox was "close enough". Ihave taken commuion all my married life without a second thought. HAH woudln't she be interested to know I don't go to confession either , I go straight to the big guy Himslef in my daily prayers! Now I am walking around GUILTY. ( you know it doesn't take much for me!) Whatever happened to welcoming all into the church ??? I am not sure WHAT her intentions were other than being very nosy. Most of you know how private I am about religion and I felt ambushed. Well, it IS true, we Did have a blessing said over us before Zoe's baptisim but there is no church marriage certificate so if you want to get into details.... For our church in NC it didn't matter. Anyway I am going to church sunday AND taking communion. ( I BET she is the one that gives it arrrgh!) Who would of thought CHURCH would stress me out?? What is wrong with that picture??
The good news is the girls did well in adult choir and Katey is on her way to logging in volunteer hours toward her confirmation. And this concludes yet more suffering from a Catholic!!!
Oh Debbie I know you are saying "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" Love ya!
Here is a little funny from Zoe. we are eating dinner and I am having the usual "vegatarian option" and Nick of course is having steak. He gave zoe a little and she ate is and was like "mmmm I like this! Can I have some more mistake Daddy??"
Gotta love how the three year old mind works!
Birthday Song Status Download
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment