Yes I finally got my paint. I spent the weekend ( well friday ) doing our room. My new friend Stephanie came over to help while the guys supervised with beer in hand. We had serious tape issues and when I peeled it off the next day the paint had leaked under the tape. So when Nick is deployed I will have a busy project of touching up the lines around the ceiling. Pictures are coming soon,I just need to clean up the room first. I was going to start our bathroom today but am still mad at the stupid tape. ( Not like the tape cares in the least!) Yesterday Nick and I went on our date to the Winefest. It is a big deal event they have here and you will be shocked to know I ATE more than I actually drank. They had some fancy caterer( I think she is well known in this area) and OMG it was amazing. When we first arrived we walked under this arbor of grape type thingys and fall decor, it was gorgeous. YES I forgot my camera! You get a keepsake glass and go into the ballroom and hold out your glass and the different venders pour in a very small sample. But the best part was the food. There was a vegtable/salad table with all this cool shaped bread ( display only , bummer!) and hot dishes, and a carving station ( yay for Nick who was in meatatarin heaven!) Out on the patio were more venders ( they also had local artists displaying crafts and artwork) , and a cheese bar. ( the baked brie with bueberry, oooh heaven!)
Then back inside was the DESSERT bar, now that is MY kind of bar!!! The only problem was I was eating for three hours and was too full for more than one heavnly chocolate tart. The dessserts were gorgeous though, really amazing. It was a lovely , lovely evening. The kids only called about six times, but otherwise did ok. :)
Today was Sophies first CCD class and she did very well. We have been practicng the Our Father and Hail Mary and she was the only one who knew them. She also had her very first spelling test on friday and got %100! We are so proud of her. I owe a lot of it to reading ( it seems like fifty) books a night and Starfall. That is the best phonics website ever and so good they are starting to use it in schools. Now Zoe does it and looks so cute and tiny at the computer. Till she starts mashing keys then it is time to quit. The older girls were up quite late, Emily went on a sleepover to her friend across the street and a LITTLE grouchy today. Back to the crazy running around tomorrow and I am happy because I have the car this week! ( Thanks Russ for carpooling with Nick !) Might actually paint the bathroom if I have forgiven the tape.
Desperate Housewives is back on tonight and I want to see if they ruined it by fast forwarding everything five years. I am still catching up from missing last season,wish I had DVR.
Time to cook dinner for us here in blessedly , eternally, sunny CA.
Birthday Song Status Download
6 years ago
1 comment:
You wont be mad at the tape for too long...im sure of it!! How I long to pain our little apartment!!! It just seems sooo....bland!!!! Im dying to know what kind of creative thing you'll do to the mirror thats "mostly good" :o)
Post a Comment