Widdly Tink Family

Monday, November 17, 2008

Ashes Ashes we all had fun!

Here are some pics of us at Knotts Berry farm, where we took the kids Sat in celebration of Katey and Sophies birthdays. We did have a good time but what you don't see in these pics are all the ASHES raining down from the sky. There was a massive fire quite close and there were huge ashes falling all over. I guess Californians are used to it cuz folks just pulled out hats and bandanas and kept waiting in line for the rides. So we did too! We don't have many pics because Nick had the camera most of the time ( i was on coasters with the older girls) and so I missed a lot of photo ops. Half the time I just plain forgot. Katey and I went on the GIANT swing thing that swings you like a mile high ( not sure the height but it was HIGH) and screamed our heads off. We had so much fun! (Ashes and all) . None of us feel like it is truly november. Before all the ashes blocked out the sun it was over 90 out. I ignored park rules and brought snacks and water in, good thing since Zoe was cranky the WHOLE time. We spent more on lunch then we did getting in. Oh well it counts as a "birthday dinner" for two kids, right?? There are no pics of me becuase I look fat. I know its vain but my week binge caught up with me. Also this is the first time NIck and I forgot to get one of the kids take a pic of us. It was hard because like I said Zoe was super crabby and whiny. We wanted to get home for dinner cuz lunch pretty much bankrupted us! (lol) Our new bed comes today, can't wait to try it. Yes the mask spent another lovely night under my pillow. Its getting clever and hiding better. :)
It is so weird to have to find shorts and tank tops, sunblock and the only white stuff from the sky was from a fire! Happy Fall?? **** Just an update, we now have a new bed and if you don't know me then I mean I want to SLEEP on it!! ( in case some of you had your mind in the gutter, shame shame!!) Seriously, If I get a GOOD night sleep I am gonna praise Sears to everyone. :)
Also, the picture of Nick and the girls on a ride, that thing went up soooooo high and then dropped to nearly the ground and then up and so on. I am truly suprised that the girls went through with it. I love my coasters, ( HATE spinning) but that drop... no way!! What a fun day though. Have to laugh at all the bruises we all have and I think my poor brain might have been banged/spun/ dropped a bit too much but oh well!! You can't beat the bonding with pre/teen time!! The above pic is funny cuz it is the first ride and they DID have fun. What crazy faces.
(oh , that is the LAST time you will ever see Katey in pigtails.) If I didn't send you a Kodak link and you want more pix just e mail me.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

The Cutest Blog On The Block

About Me

My photo
I am 34 with four wonderful girls. Have been married to Nick ( my marine!) for 15 years. I am getting used to California , but missing the snow. I am a neat freak ( just ask the kids) I am proud to be a homemaker but I don't stay at home, life is too busy.