Widdly Tink Family

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Favorite thing

Last night at the dinner table, Emily asked what everyone's favorite thing was. The answers were varied and I tried to say one of the first things that came to mind. (a good nights sleep! was the first thing I thought.) Nick, bless him pointed to me. Sophie said ( no surprise here) Elephants! Zoe said blanket! Then, just repeated what everyone else said. I think Emily said food and someone said God. Then we got into weather that is actually a thing and kinda veered off course. Nick said peace and I said when you are all sleeping. I DO love when they are all lying there peaceful and beautiful ( and YES , QUIET) . I just like to stand there looking at each one of them. Remembering when the older girls were tiny, wondering how much the little ones will change ( and will they change SLOWER please!) Not groaning about Katey's messy room or thinking of new things to yell about. Just loving my kids. Just sitting in the moment of quiet and watching them dream. In all honesty I have too many favorites to list, but checking in on them before I go to bed is definatley one of my favorite things.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thats so sweet!!!!! They are kinda precious to just watch them sleep!!! *not that ive watched your kids sleep...just saying kids in general :o)* And i did not forget about Nick...I soo appreciate his selfless service to our country!!!! And im already nervous for the next time :o(

The Cutest Blog On The Block

About Me

My photo
I am 34 with four wonderful girls. Have been married to Nick ( my marine!) for 15 years. I am getting used to California , but missing the snow. I am a neat freak ( just ask the kids) I am proud to be a homemaker but I don't stay at home, life is too busy.