Widdly Tink Family

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I did it!

So I was all set to try a new pumpkin pie dessert. I had debated between two of them and decided on a chocolate chip cheesecake pumpkin pie. Went to make it and not enough cream cheese. I SWORE I had bought two pkgs, but nope. Was feeling bad, Then I decided to make the other one. Pumpkin Ginger Meringue pie. What a lot of work. Turned out beautiful. Was digging in the fridge for something and .... yup. The stupid OTHER pkg of cream cheese. Oh well. Looks like the other one (pie) is in our future! My two apple are done and all is left is the bird and the trimmings. Can't wait!! My amazing husband took the kids out to dinner and to run errands, happy birthday to me!!! What a treat to cook and clean ( really, I said clean) without fighting, arguing, etc going on. But they have been gone a while, I am all done, and miss the little buggars!!
Well the girls and I have planned lots of treats and appetizers and so on to try so I am waiting in susupense to see what they bring home to cook. Have to give BIG shout out to Katey who , get this, DID THE DISHES ( and more big letters here) WITHOUT BEING ASKED yesterday. And no, she was not after something big. Just saw mommy freaking out and wanted to help. Emily took the kids to the park all afternoon when I was really sick ( long story, am fine now but my umm gyno health needs looking into) , and I can tell the big girls are really trying to be more helpful. Katey peeled dozens of apples, oh the joy to have help with that chore!! Emily keeping my other little "helpers" out of my hair during the day is a huge help too. So YAY girls.
Oh my little ones have tried to help. my pie crust is gonna taste great but look, well like I had help. Honestly if they just go to bed on time and sleep real good that is all the "help" i need.
Well, Happy Turkey Day to Everyone! I want to hear all your stories, baking failures, disasters, sucesses and hey, how did I do that? I hope everyone has a blessed day and I am so thankful to have you all to read and leave comments. (hint hint, JK!!) So eat lots, tell me your stories and good luck with holiday shopping!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM THE FRANCHUKS!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

YUM! those pies sound sooo good! Way to go girls on helping mom out! Wow! what a special treat! Happy Thanksgiving to you all and Happy Birthday to you Becky!! :)

Becky said...

I forgot to mention that the pie was a big hit! Pumpkin Ginger Meringue. E mail me if you want the recipe.

The Cutest Blog On The Block

About Me

My photo
I am 34 with four wonderful girls. Have been married to Nick ( my marine!) for 15 years. I am getting used to California , but missing the snow. I am a neat freak ( just ask the kids) I am proud to be a homemaker but I don't stay at home, life is too busy.