Sophie has been doing this Mad Science after school thing which is fun science experiments and they make cool stuff to take home. Well, today she made a tornado in a jar and of COURSE dropped it and broke it. I was mad, but told her I would fix it. She was so crushed. I mean totally heartbroken. The girls felt bad cuz it was dead silent, no one said a mean thing. ( a miracle!!) Then... SUPERMOM remembers we have plastic test tubes from one of Emily's science projects and I always have a handy supply of glitter and soap and ... voila! A new tornado. (Plus I didn't yell at her, but she had been told sixteen times to be careful.... I think I still have a tongue, lol)
Well Katey and Emily were following me from room to room looking sutibly impressed, and Sophie was hovering anxiously trying not to cry . ( No pressure mom!) When I finished it and tested it ( it was a smaller , kinda more invisible tornado, but still.) they all went. "oooooooh. cooool!" Sophie hugged me and told me I was the bestest supermom fixer ever. Sigh. I soooo needed that today.
I get her to bed and go to check on the older kids and catch Katey creeping out of the craft room.
Well, there are five EMPTY test tubes left. She now knows I have a HUGE stash of shiny glitter....and she now also knows that when you hide a tube of glitter behind your back and it isn't closed it leaves a trail.
Was too tired to get mad. I think I scared her. I said, oh well. I'll get it tomorrow. go to bed . And leave THE TEST TUBES ALONE!. No freaking out, shocking! She kinda slunk off to her room minus glitter ( and the test tubes) . I am kinda dreading what I will find in them in a week...
All in the name of science, right???
Birthday Song Status Download
6 years ago
3 comments:
LOL....Big atta a girl for Becky for keeping her cool.
Way to go Supermom!! :)
AWWWWWW!!! "bestest supermom fixer ever" thats sooooo cute!!!!! Cant wait to see all my girls next Saturday :o)
Post a Comment